.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Road Trip to West Virginia

So I have been on a Sabbatical !! Yep, that is what we are calling it. No I did not leave to "find myself", but I just needing some time off. Well that is my story and I am sticking to it. And yes since I took this "Sabbatical", I have much catching up to do. So here goes the catching up:
A few weeks ago Michael and I went to the West Virginia vs Auburn game... in West Virginia. Many months ago Trey and Cort had invited us to go with them. We agreed, hard to turn down an away game ! A bit later I asked Michael when our plane leaves, Michael checked and came back with...... WE ARE DRIVING !!! Dun Dun Dun.. Now trust me I am all up for a road trip and driving to a state right beside Alabama is one thing, but driving to a state with MANY other states in between is another thing.. But after checking plane tickets and not finding any even close to our price range I decided... driving it is !! But let me tell you if we would have flown we would have missed the good things like:
1) The Big Billboard in West Virginia that read "Aim High.. Get your GED"
2) Trey almost falling asleep numerous times on our way to the hotel at early am in the morning after the game. This would not have been so bad if he was not driving !!
3) New River Gorge !!! Here are a few pictures of its beauty !!

Michael and I (and if you read Cort's blog you read about my velcro rollers, I took them out just for these pictures then put them right back it)

Trey, Cort, Me, and Michael

Finally we made it to the stadium...

Cort and I on our way to TIGER WALK !!

Michael and IAt Tiger Walk we ran into some Auburn Friends.. Here is Michael with Travis !!

Aubie even came over and grabbed a quick picture with me !! Thanks Buddy !!

Aubie doing some cheers with the band and Cheerleaders !!After a long wait, Here they come. PS the wait was worth it. We were right in the front. Once the players came off the bus I got pushed in so close that I was touching everyone, whether I wanted to or not.. I was to close for any pictures, but I got this one of Tubs before getting pushed in.
Before going into the Stadium.
West Virginia's band was suppose to be all that and a bag a of chips, but once they came out I could not take my eyes off of the GUY baton twirler.. Yep that is right people I said guy and I got a picture to prove it.. (Did I mention that the people were a little different in West Virginia)

Auburn about to score. Unfortunately this did not happen enough in this game.

It was cold to begin with, but once that sun went down.. FREEZING !!! The West Virginia guy behind us said that was nothing.. But for us Alabamians.. it was something !! As you can tell we were all layered up !!

Just in case you are wondering we left Wednesday night and got home Friday night. That is 1,500 miles of driving, going through 6 states in around 50 hours !!!! It was a fun road trip, way more fun than if we would have flown !!

3 comments:

The Cosby's said...

Great pics! The guy baton twirler is the best...lol Glad you all had a good time considering the turnout for the tigers.

Tesney said...

I wondered where you went...
Great pics...even with all the orange and blue. The twirler dude and flag dude from Arkansas need to get together and form a flaming marching band!

Johnny Rowe said...

Jess! Its about time you blogged about this trip. It looks like you guys had fun. I can't wait to catch up. It looks like Mike has lost a little weight. Give me a shout out later gator...and speaking of gators..where are you guys watching the SEC championship game? I may be in town that weekend visiting my brother.