.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

An Almost Missed Moment and A Birthday!

Almost anytime we are going anywhere it almost always goes the same way.. Me freaking out because I HATE to be late. Michael does not have the same hatred for being late that I do. So as I am sitting at the front door holding my purse and practically tapping my toe... Michael sits at his office (right beside the front door) listening to music and seeing what is new with Auburn!
AKA... me freaking out....
me: Michael lets go! I do not want to be late
Michael (in his most nonchalant voice): Chill, we will not be late
me: (tap tap tap goes my toe!)
Around this time Michael changes the loud annoying music to a song we both enjoy. You would think this would make me smile, bbuuttt.. it doesn't...
me: Michael, Let's Go
Michael: Dance with me
me: No, I do not want to be late!
By this time, he has gotten up from his desk and walked over to me and grabbed my hand. As he is singing I really want to continue my freak out moment, but I can't. I drop my purse and sing with him. We sing and dance through the entire song!
As we get in the car I can't wipe the smile off my face! It was at that moment that I realize I really need to chill! True fact that I will always hate to be late! But that moment would have been worth it!
I realized that was almost a missed moment! And that was one of those moments that I love, the kind of moment that is so special... And I almost missed it!
So with me on cloud nine we arrived.. ON TIME... to Leonardo's to help celebrate Hal's birthday!
This is the picture Michael took!
Whitney and IMaghan made Hal's cupcake cake and all the little cupcakes around it. It was yum yum good.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAL!
You know that I love the saying....
"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"
Those moments, those true moments do not come around everyday!
Glad I took the time to enjoy mine!

3 comments:

Rachel Richards said...

Jessa,
Hi. My name is Rachel. Michael and Tyanne Lindsey are dear friends to me and my husband. Tyanne told me about your blog and I LOVE IT!! You and I are in the same boat...waiting to adopt. Would love to email/facebook with you: rachelgrichards@yahoo.com
I also have a blog: www.richardsbabyjourney.blogspot.com

Your blog always makes me smile...thanks!
Rachel

Paul and Sarah said...

Oh Jessa that is so sweet. Aren't you happy that you chilled out and danced with your husband?!?!? I love it!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

That just made me cry! How sweet.