.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Friday, May 21, 2010

Because everything happened so quickly I had a little work that I needed to get in order before taking some time off.. Soooo against what I wanted, I went to work for a few hours on Friday morning. I left Cooper with Momma! I was wanting to put it off, but I went ahead and went early in the morning so I could get back as soon as possible. It ended up starting to pour down and was a very yucky morning. Once I got home I put my PJ pants back on...hey momma and Coop were still in theirs!
We were expecting very special visitors late in the morning. Grandaddy JB (my daddy) and Uncle Mac were on their way!
Please look right over me in ALL these pictures....I was looking a little rough!
Here is Granddaddy and Uncle Mac seeing Coop for the first time!
Granddaddy holding Coop for the first time!
Mac had a special surprise for Michael! And of course there is a story behind this gift!
So the story goes:
At my wedding my Daddy made a toast and pulled out a box of cigars. There were 4 cigars in the box. They were "It's a Girl" Cigars left from when I was born. Daddy had my Granddaddy McCabe (My Momma's Daddy) and Michael there with him. He gave one cigar to each. He lit Granddaddy's cigar and then lit his from Granddaddy's and then Michael's from his. They left one in the box!
Mac remembered this and has always thought it was a great thing to do! So as a surprise, he got Michael "It's a Boy" cigars! Here is Mac showing them to me.
Granddaddy holding Cooper!My Daddy's face cracks me up in this picture!
The proud, first time Grandparents!
Uncle Mac waiting his turn!Uncle Mac holding Coop for the first time. I do not think Mac thought Cooper was gonna be this small. He was a little nervous holding him! I think he even referred to him as a blob! Now that is not nice!
Maybe this is when he was calling my beautiful baby a "blob"!
In reality I have no clue why Mac was making this face... But I KNOW he was not making it at MY baby!
Mother said she has had this for some time... It is a Christmas Santa holding a baby! Perfect Christmas decoration for Coop's room! Oh and y'all know how I love to decorate for Christmas.. My Momma knows me so well!
Before coming to Birmingham, Mom went to this precious children's store in Destin called Hugs and Hissyfits. When she walked in Mac was already in there with a gift for Cooper on the counter! He had picked it out himself!
It was a blonde Cocker Spaniel Puppy (a Kenzie).....
He had also given Cooper a sweet Auburn Shirt with navy gingham bubble shorts!
Mac giving Michael his surprise.. Of course he was telling him why he bought them!
And Of course, Michael LOVED them!
It had been a fun day and more fun was to come! My baby shower that my girlfriends had planned was that night and the guys were taking Michael to Buffalo Wild Wings!

1 comment:

McKinney Madness said...

Fun times!!! I love looking at all these pics and getting to see everyone's faces for the first time that they see Coop. : )