.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

May, 19, 2010: Bringing Home Coop!

When we pulled in Grandmother DeeDee (My Mother) and Grandmother DarDar (Michael's Mother) were already outside waiting on us.
Mother took this picture as we had just pulled up and were getting Cooper out of the car.
Before we knew it both Grandmothers were right there leaning in wanting to see him. Mother was trying to take pictures and see him at the same time.
This is one of my favorite pictures. We were both so excited to be bringing Cooper home. And of course I had a Target bag. Doesn't everyone make a trip to Target before they pick up their son?
We came right in and got him out of the car seat to show him off. Shug was trying to check him out. This was the first of MANY kisses to come from Shug!
Could my smile be any bigger?
I was just a little happy.. Just a little!
Michael could not stay long, because he had to go back to work. That was so hard! Because we got Cooper so quickly, Michael had already planned a very important meeting that people had flown in to be apart of. But we had a nice little photo session before he left!
Daddy with Coop!
Grandmother DeeDee (My Mother) Grandmother DarDar (Michael's Mother)
Us changing Cooper's diaper for the first time!
Do you see him crying.. He was not happy about being put down!
But I think that was the ONLY time he was put down ALL day. I also think this was the last time I held him for hours! The Grandmothers hogged him quite a bit! But that was fine! I just loved knowing that he was home with us!
We did try to put him in the swing to see if he would like it. Can you say.. Life Saver! The Hardy's let us borrow this since Hayes is to big for it now.. Cooper has and is LOVING it!
Grandmother DeeDee with her first Grandchild!
Grandmother DarDar loving on Cooper
He looked so beautiful in his coming home outfit!
Whitney was our first none family visitor and she brought us a nice surprise!
She let us borrow their BIG BLUE BOW!
It's a BOY!
Whit hanging the bow!
Shaun and Ashley brought us dinner that night. They did good.. They brought Zoe's!
Me with Ashley and Whitney holding Cooper!Shaun, Ashley, Michael with Cooper, Me, and Whit
Once Daddy got home and settled in, he spent some good time with Coop.
As Mother was holding Cooper he feel asleep with his feet resting on Kenzie..
I have had some pretty great days in my life! My wedding day was pretty awesome! But I can honestly say that this was the BEST day of my life! This was the day I had been wanting and praying so long for... It was perfect! I hated that Michael had to work, but the Grandmothers made it so special. Just the three of us sat around the den all day just loving on Cooper. We did not turn on the tv or anything like that. We just sat with the lights dimmed, in a hushed voice, and loved the fact that this little boy was ours! This is a day that I never want to forget! I never want to forget hardly being able to sleep the night before, getting ready to leave, waiting on the birth mother to bring Cooper out, Seeing her come in with him in her arms, watching her hand him into Michael's arms, and having to watch her say Goodbye. I never want to forget seeing the look on the Grandmother's faces as they saw him for the first time or bringing him into the house. I want to remember it all..
Every Wonderful Detail!
This was the day I had dreamed about! And I had just lived it! I had just lived the most wonderful day of my life!

4 comments:

Jane said...

These pictures are absolutely precious!!! Congratulations again!

McKinney Madness said...

Yay!! I get so excited every time I hear the story. These blog posts are priceless and I know I've said this before, but you're going to be SO glad you recorded all of these memories!! Love you guys!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

I agree with Cortney!
I LOVE hearing about your journey with Cooper. Can't wait to hear more!

Mandy said...

Love the new pics. He is precious!