.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thursday, May 20, 2010: To Over the Mountain Peds We Go!

On Thursday I woke up and had survived our first night with Coop. We had tried to put him down in the bassinet, but he wanted no part of it... plus Shug kept on trying to jump in with him. We both finally ended up downstairs....Cooper in his swing and me curled up in the chair next to him. And that is how we slept.... when we slept..Sometime in the middle of the night I went upstairs to ask mother something and she ended up coming downstairs with us. She spent the rest of the night on the couch! Oh a mothers love!
On the chair, on the floor, on a bed of nails.. I would have slept anywhere to be next to him!
Thursday we all got ready. We had a doctors appointment to get to! Everything happened so quickly we had not officially picked our pediatrician yet. Although we had one that had come highly recommended by Whitney. But they did not except MediCaid and since Coop was not on our insurance yet we could not go there. We knew we wanted Coop checked out as soon as possible so we made an appointment with Over The Mountain Pediatrics. Which is where our agency highly recommended. To say the least I fell in love with them there!
Everyone was so nice! Here is the nurse about to weight Cooper!
On 5/20/2010 he weighed: 8 pounds 13 ounces
We saw Dr. Jeanne Favrot and she was wonderful. Before this appointment I had had thought I would just let Over the Mtn Peds do the first check up and then switch after we got Coop on our insurance.....But...that all changed once I met Dr. Favrot! She stayed and answered ALL Mother's and my questions! Trust me.. We had a list! She took her time with us! We are blessed enough to have all of Cooper's medical records, so she read over those and checked him good! She also realized that Cooper was behind on his shots and we needed to get him caught up.. I think I teared up when I realized she meant THEN! Thankful she saw the fear in my eyes... I just knew he had been through so much in the last few days, all he needed was to get a bunch of shots too! So she said that when we came back next week, we could do them then..
Sigh of Relief!
Throughout the visit she had heard our story and knew we had only had our little guy around 24 hours! She gave me a hug and when I pulled away I saw tears in her eyes! At that moment I knew I had just met our pediatrician. I knew she would take good care of us!
One of the things we had asked Dr. Favrot was about taking Cooper on a few errands. She said that as long as it was just a few a day and they were quick, it was OK! Which was good news since I had a nursery to get ready! Our first stop was to pick up O'Carrs chicken salad plate to go! Then we stopped by Storkland to look! I had a lady who was suppose to make our bedding, but she had not gotten back to me..... So I was a little worried that would not work out. While at Storkland I found bedding that was very similar to what I had in mind.. We went with it! We walked out with our bedding ordered, a few sweet things to hang on the wall, and of course our first lovey (a baby blue bear)!
Here is a picture of our bedding! I think it looks great with our dark crib! More pictures of the nursery to come!
On the way home I just snapped away! I can't get enough pictures!
He looked so sweet I hated to bother him!
Mother and I had so much fun with Cooper and the camera. We had multiple photo shoots a day!
That night Cortney brought us dinner and let me tell you it was yum yum good!
It was so much fun having her there! Knowing she will be giving Cooper a little friend soon... It will be so much fun having our babies so close in age!
Day 2 with Cooper was wonderful.
We got so much done! And I loved every minute of it...
Living My Dream!

1 comment:

McKinney Madness said...

These pictures are all so sweet!! So glad you're documenting everything like this!