.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

USA USA USA !!!

The Olympics were made for someone like me.. Someone with a HIGHLY competitive spirit and a love of ones country. USA USA USA !!! I can honestly say that our family got into the Olympics this summer. Everything from the AWESOME opening ceremonies to the Medals, we loved it !!!

Even Shug and Kenzie got into the Spirit and showed some USA love. As you can tell they just LOVED their new hats.



Like most of America and the rest of the world, we loved watching Michael Phelps go for all EIGHT GOLD MEDALS !! Every time he swam I was on the edge of my seat, we didn't miss a one. He is an unbelievable athlete and I am very happy for him.. I am glad he was swimming for my team and not another's.
WAY TO GO MICHAEL PHELPS !!! 8 GOLD MEDALS !!!


Surprise Surprise I was glued to the TV every time the Women's Gymnastics was on. USA had a very talented Gym team that was unfortunately pledged by injuries. Even with the amount of injuries we had, TEAM USA still won the SILVER !!! WAY TO GO GIRLS !! (side note for all you haters out there... Even if Alicia Sacramone would not fallen the USA still would have not won the Gold. China's scores were to0 high)
Now I will admit that Nastia Liukin did had a look on her face almost the entire time that said something like.... "I am way to good for this and way better the you". But come people.. she did win the All-Around GOLD!!! Honestly I could have done without "the look", but what can I say she won me over with the PINK LEOTARD !!!!

Now Shawn Johnson on the other hand was MY GIRL !!! I loved her.. Her bubbly attitude and continuous smile on her face was great.. I am feeling the bubbly attitude girl !! Now if you just would have worn a pink leotard it would have been perfect. WAY TO GO for the GOLD on the balance beam, I was cheering for you !!!

I loved the Olympics so much that I was one of the crazy people checking the Internet all day and reading stories on the athletes. This got me thinking.. Is Silver/second always first loser ??? With the Olympic games I do not think so. Each individual went to Beijing with specific goals. Some were to win the Gold, some were to medal, others were just to make it to the finals.. I read way to many stories of athletes from smaller countries that were just happy to be there. As awesome as the stories of Michael Phelps winning the 8 Golds are, I think there is more to learn from this than that. I love the story I read about through my friend Lori's blog. The one about Samia Yusuf Omar from Somalia. She did not win the Gold, in fact she was not even close. She actually came in last. She was so far behind that the audience had started to get up and leave. But once she was noticed they cheered her on to the finish. The article about this women said it perfectly....
She came and went from Beijing largely unnoticed, but may have been the most dignified example these Olympics could offer."
Congratulations to all the Athletes of the 2008 Summer Olympics.

After all is said in done the USA came out on top of the Medal Count. Final count was:
Flag of United States
110
Flag of China
100

Yes I did say that there was more to these Olympics than who is first, but I also said that I am a highly Competitive person !!!! USA USA USA !!!!

No comments: