.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Coach Mikey

Michael has been coaching Upward Soccor for our Church. If you have never heard of the Upward Program, it is something many Churches provide. Many Churches have Upward BasketBall, Cheerleading, and Soccor. At our church in Montgomery, Landmark C of C, Michael coached Basketball. Our Church here, Homewood Church of Christ, has Upward Soccor. Michael coaches one of the 4 and 5 year old teams. His games are on Saturday mornings and luckily I was able to go see him coach a few Saturdays ago.

This is one of my favorite pictures I took.. All hands in.. GO TEAM !!!
It worked out great because Michael's Team was playing Shaun Cosby's Team. So Ashley and I had some good catching up time and of course we cheered loud too. Funny thing: Out of all the kids out there not one parent had a camera.. But Ashley and I surely had ours... We were taking plenty of pictures of our "children".. Our Big Children that this !!!
Our guys coaching !!
The best part of the Upward program is during half-time someone does a short devotional for the kids. Are they listening ??? Who knows, but it sure does make a cute picture !!
Upward is a GREAT Program and I am so happy Michael has gotten involved with it here in Birmingham. He is a great coach and the kids love him. Go Team !!!

3 comments:

The Cosby's said...

They are too cute! I am glad both of them have been able to do this and hold their practices together. I think they have a good time. And I enjoy it when I get to hang out with you while supporting them.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

How neat! I'm sure that those kids just love him!

Julie Young said...

Yeah for Upward! We do Upward Soccer at our church here in flo town (CrossPoint CofC). We love it as well.