.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Fashion Show and a Football Game !!

After going to Michael's Soccer Game we headed to Auburn to watch our Tigers play Tennessee. We ended up sitting in the upper deck, which once you walk the zillion miles up the ramp, you realize it is worth it. I grew up sitting in the upper deck and I love being able to see every play develop.
Now as you many of you know by now, football Saturdays are not only for game watching. But it also like a runway.. Let me explain: I have been asked why I dress up so much for games (I have worn a dress to all games but one, and I wore a super outfit to that one). It is important to wear a cute outfit and this is why: Seriously, what other day of the week do you see as many people as you do on Gameday?? Ponder that one for a minute and all is understood !!
So on this particular Saturday I wore this cute navy and white polka dotted dress that came with a navy sash.. Out with the sash and in came an orange and white polka dotted ribbon.. Voila.. Super Cute Game Day Dress. I know what you are probably thinking "She sure does think highly of this outfit".. As of today you are correct, but as I was getting ready I was not so sure. But as the day progressed I realized, this was a winner.. I had people coming up to me left and right with complements.. I even had a guy say something and I am thinking he was not even gay !!! I must admit as hard as I may or may not try at times, I do not always get the fashion thing right.. But on this particular day, I did !! Pre-warning.. you will see this dress again next season !!!

Michael and I right before Kick-off



During the game, Aubie always dresses up and has funny props. With Tennessee's mascot being Smokey, I thought this was hilarious. Aubie, you are a funny dude !!

All people taking a picture of my husband and I ... Yes he is tall and I am short, so if you get all of him, plus plenty of sky... well you hardly get me !!! This picture had great potential, but never quite made it. And not to mention the temporary bob my hair is making !!!
Michael's Dad, Mr. Mullen, came over to sit with us for awhile.


After the game I was able to meet up with one of my bestest buddies from college, Tara. She and her husband live in Huntsville and we do not get to see them enough. So even though it was a quick hug, hello, and picture, it was still good. Look how cute Tara looks.. Way to go Girl!!!


Final Score BoardAUBURN 14 TENNESSEE 12


WARNING: To all of those thinking of adopting the "Gameday Attire Theory". There is a drawback. Just as strongly as I feel about looking cute on Gameday and other outings, I feel about looking bummy when just hanging around. When I am hanging out with good friends, like on Sunday night at Lifegroup, there is no dressing up for this girl at all.. Ya'll already know what I look like with makeup on.. Just come to work and my point will be proved... I will be the girl in no make-up, hair in a ponytail, cotton shorts/t-shirt, and bare feet (one of the glories of my job).. Take it or leave it !!!

4 comments:

The Cosby's said...

I thought you looked adorable! Meant to ask you where you found the dress. Had no clue the orange/white belt didn't come with it. But I have to say I loved your jewelry that day the most even though it was orange and blue. I bought a hounds tooth dress to wear this Saturday but it may be chilly to start out in..ugh

Tesney said...

See...this is one of the many benefits of being an Alabama fan. It's easy to find gameday attire that is cute and fashionable because we don't have those ugly non-coordinating colors to deal with. Red is always in and it's been awesome since houndstooth has been all the rage for the past couple of seasons. ;) You did look cute, as usual...just wish the dress would've been red and white polka dot.

McKinney Madness said...

Did I not tell you to trust me on the dress? Ahh... what a fashion expert I am... :)

Julie Young said...

You go girl with the cute outfits!!