.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

Ladies Retreat

Ladies Retreat was held in Springville, AL. this year.. So Jade, Maghan, and I all headed out in Cortney's car on Friday afternoon. It was a weekend full of fun girl time and wonderful speakers. The theme this year was THS (True Homewood Stories).. Which means we got to hear some wonderful women from our church tell their stories of the hardships they have been through in their lives.
Friday night after dinner and our speaker we changed into our PJ's and got ready for some good ole' fashion fun !!! Our group of friends play "catch phrase" all the time, but this time we got some of the other women of the church involved.. I think they are hocked too !!
Me, Cortney, and Jade as we were getting ready to play some games.

Whitney and Rachel

You know there is a story behind this picture... Too bad you weren't there!!

My girls in our PJ's !!

Back Row L-R: Maghan, Whitney, Rachel, Jade, and Kinnery
Front Row L-R: Lanie, Me, Cortney, and Ashley

Beverly and Vonya dressed as Bible Beating Church Ladies. They were explaining to us about the "evil piece of string worn in your britches".... They were in owe that even church women wear a "thung".....


Then they showed us what underwear good ole' Christian Women should wear !! Wow aren't those HOT !!!!
Ladies ya'll are looking down right nice in those Christian Panties.. And yes there to the right is an elders wife !! Love it !!

After laughing and laughing at Beverly and Vonya we were broken into groups. We were giving newspaper, duct tape, and scissors and told to make an outfit for a fashion show.. Who would have guessed my group had pink duct tape... The bow was made by me and was my idea... So was the monogram "J" for Jesus !!!!! And you know we won !!

All the Ladies after the "Fashion Show"


We had a blast and I am SO glad I went.. I roomed with Cort, Jade, and Whitney... Minus the fact that my bunk bed squeaked with every move I made, it worked out great... We went to sleep still laughing from an oldie but goodie game of "Would you rather?" If you didn't go, you missed out !! Can't wait till next year !!!

1 comment:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Springville ROCKS! (That's my hometown.) Looks like you girls had a blast. Too cute.