.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 20, 2009

Renewing My Faith ?????

Well I have never tried to hide it... I am just not a big fan of Valentine's Day... Let me explain why.... It has become a day where the man must buy his women flowers, chocolate, and whatever else the tv says is a must buy for that year.. I do not know about you..... But I would rather Michael get me flowers because he WANTS to.. not because he HAS to.... with that being said.... if Valentine's Day came and went and Michael didn't acknowledge it, I would be sad.. What a catch twenty two for him... Another reason... It is such a female day.. But you must get him something too.. This is always hard for me... I don't know... another Auburn something or another just does not say Valentine's Day to me !!
Which brings us to Valentine's Day 2009.... What a great day... Did it renew my faith in the day... NO... but it was a great day and Michael made it very special...
It started off with Michael getting up early and going to get me all shades of pink roses and breakfast.. Nothing says love that 2 for $2 McDonald's in bed...
Before getting ready we played with the pups a little.
Michael cuddling with Kenzie !!

Shug and Kenzie loving on each other....

What better way to spend Valentine's Day then in Auburn !!! The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of my favorite restaurants.. If you remember Amsterdams was in my Crazy 8. And yes I did order the Turkey Wrap, Sweet Potato Chips, with extra honey mustard.. YUM YUM !!

Then it was off to all the bookstores and a few little boutiques..... And you know we went to Auburn Art.. "our favorite".. our goal is to have one of everything in that store.. We have awhile to go !!!
Here is Michael in front of the big J&M !!

Yep that is me in front of Anders Bookstore !!!


At 4:00 the Auburn Men played Miss State in Basketball.

Michael and I in the arena... We can't wait for our new Basketball Arena to be finished !!

Coach Lebo talking with one of his players..

Whats going on Aubie?????

It was a great game and even better because Auburn Won !!!

I couldn't have a thought of a better way to spend Valentine's Day !!!! Maybe spending Valentine's Day in Auburn is not perfect for everybody, but it is for us !!!
Just a little side note for my girls...... Heartstrings is closing.. You read that right.... Almost everything was 40% off. I got a few things, but there were so many people in there.. a little too crazy for me... So next time you go, Heartstrings will be gone, but Wrapsody is opening a store in its place.. Yep our Wrapsody in Hoover !!!!
Hope everybody had a great Valentine's Day.. But no way was it as great as OURS !!!!

3 comments:

The Cosby's said...

Looks like you had a great V-day anyways. I'm so glad you were able to get away for the day.

Kristy said...

No more Heartstrings??? I feel the same sadness that I felt when I found out that "Traditions" was closing... I will never be the same. Sigh. Sad Sigh.

McKinney Madness said...

I feel the tears forming as we speak... Heartstrings.... CLOSING?! I'm at a loss for words... :)