.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 19, 2009

"The List"


LOSER !!!!!!
Me... Yes I know !! I am so behind in blogging it is not even funny.. In fact, It is pure overwhelming with how behind I am... But I have not given up. I plan to jump back in and start blogging again starting with the beginning of football season (yes that is how behind I am)..
BUT.. I must interrupt and jump in with our great news...
WE ARE ON THE LIST !!!!
What List.. Oh "THE LIST". The list that we have spent months and months doing paperwork for, just plain opening up our lives for !!
THE ADOPTION LIST !!!
After years and years (ok 4 1/2) of doing anything and everything trying to conceive our own child, we have moved on and realized God has something different in store for us. We believe that something different is something.. no someone VERY SPECIAL !!!
Michael and I have always been open for adoption and have always said this is something we wanted to do. We spent late July/early August looking into a zillion (not really, but it must be close) different adoption agencies. There were so many, how do you chose ?? We prayed that God would open the doors that needed to be opened and close those that needed to be closed. But every time we turned around we heard of a different agency. We both talked in length to Susan from Family Adoption Services here in Birmingham. We finally decided to go with them and trust that God would close the door if that is not where we were suppose to be. We met with them on a Wednesday night and by Friday we were in Montgomery getting our fingerprints done. Yep, we needed to be cleared by the FBI... Whoa, we cleared !!!
After turning in our BOOK of paperwork (no lie), our Social Worker, Rebecca, came to our home. Soon after that Michael and I began working on our Birth Mother Letter. Which is pretty much the most important thing we will EVER write. It is a letter to Birth Mothers explaining who were are and why she should pick us.
Today we heard back.. our home study is done... We are on list..
I laugh and say that I feel like a fat kid on the playground for kickball.....
PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME
Whoa.. We can breathe. We have done everything we can. This is now 100% all in God's hands.. Now that is a great feeling. Throughout this whole adoption process we have had a sense of relief. There is no doubt in our minds that God already has a VERY SPECIAL baby picked for us. All our trust is in Him !!!
Please keep us, our baby, and the wonderful women who will be giving us this wonderful gift in your prayers....
We are on THE LIST !!!!!!!

16 comments:

Jamie Grizzle said...

Jessa! This is great news....I love how funny you are about the kid on the playground. I am so excited to see how things progress and to meet the baby that God has picked out for you!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

How exciting! God does have a plan... and the baby that He chooses will be a special one and will be blessed to have you two for parents. We'll be praying for this phase in your life and that God will be in control of it all.

Alicia said...

You all will be in my prayers. I know that God will send just the right baby your way. What a blessing you will be...you two will be such fun parents.

-- Laura -- said...

That is wonderful news, Jessa! I can't imagine the excitement you must feel to have reached this huge milestone! We will be praying for you and your baby!

The Penter Family said...

That is great news! Hopefully it will be a SHORT wait! I know you feel relieved to finally be on "the list"...

brooke said...

WOW!! That is just wonderful Jessa!! I am so happy that you guys have taken this huge step. How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear updates and details later! Best of luck to you and ya'll aer in our prayers!!

The Cosby's said...

You two are going to be awesome parents! And fun ones at that!! I can't wait to meet this very special child that God has in his plan for you and Michael.

Do you think I'm bad? said...

wehoo!!!! i'm gonna be an auntie again! :) i'm so super pumped for y'all!! you'll absolutely be in my prayers! :)

Paul and Sarah said...

I feel like an idiot sitting here on the couch... I'm actually crying!!!! I love you guys and I'm sure you wont be feeling like the kid saying "PICK ME PICK ME"

Unknown said...

Jessa, that is such fabulous news!!! You know, you've already been picked! You and Michael have been picked to be parents of a very special child. Congratulations! What an awesome time in your lives!

Tesney said...

Yay! I'm super excited about your big announcement!

The Lindseys said...

That is so exciting! I know it hasn't been as easy as you make it sound, but I love your thoughts, attitude and faith in this blog-what an awesome testimony. Can't wait to hear updates. Btw, where do you live in Birmingham? I vaguely remember thinking you moved there, but wasn't sure. It's on the top of our list for residency possibilities if we decide to move.

Wendy said...

What great news Jessa!!! I can not wait to see where God takes you both in this journey! Merry was right, YOU have been picked for such a precious baby!!!

Melanie said...

so excited for you guys Jessa!!!

Kiera said...

That's so excited Jessa!!! We will definitely be praying for yall and can't wait to hear updates!! ;)

McKinney Madness said...

Don't make fun of fat people. I was actually pretty quick if I put my twinkie down long enough to play. Anyway, I couldn't be more excited for you and Mike, and I wish you all the best on this new chapter of your life!!