.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Monday, May 17, 2010: A Day of Waiting!

I woke up Monday morning very anxious! Thank goodness, Rick had told us that he was not expecting the birth mother until later that day. I was still on pins and needles! I was working and teaching the little angels that I also love so much, but I wanted and needed to hear about my angel.
It was around 3 or so when I got the call. Rebecca called to let me know that the birth mother was there and had brought the baby. She was signing the paperwork then. My eyes filled with tears and I thanked God over and over!
In Alabama, birth mother's have 5 days to change their minds. After having a birth mother change her mind and the agency having to go to the adoptive parents home to get the baby (I shutter to think) our agency made a new rule. Rick and Susan keep the babies themselves for the 5 days.
Our 5 days had begun... As long as nothing happened we would be picking up our baby boy on Saturday morning..
Mine and Michael's families made plans to come!
Friends planned a shower for Friday Night..
We were ready for Saturday!
I had it all planned out!
Oh God....You sure do have a sense of humor!

2 comments:

McKinney Madness said...

Yes, He does!! And His plan was even better than we all imagined. Looking at Cooper only proves that!!

L said...

i am just now able to catch up on your story. how good is God! i have tears as i'm reading...thanks for sharing it. and congrats on sweet little Cooper!!