.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

"The Call"

I have always said that I will never blog without a picture! A picture is worth a million words! And yes this is true.. But no picture does any justice for the call I received on Friday, May 14, 2010!
This Friday started out like most of my Spring Fridays do.. Since I do not work on most Fridays.. I woke up cleaned a little, caught up on a little DVRed shows, and went outside to get a little sun. While outside reading, Whitney called and we decided I would meet her at the Ross Bridge pool! I went over and we talked and got some sun! I had Parents Night Out at the gym that night, but did not have to be there until 5pm. So we decided O'Carrs chicken salad and fruit plate was calling our name...
While at O'Carrs my phone rang... Once I saw it was the Adoption Agency I asked Whit to excuse me for a minute so I could step outside and return the call. When I called and started hearing Rebecca (our social worker)... well I... I stopped hearing anything after I heard, "There is a baby boy".. She continued to talk and talk.. Finally I said, "Rebecca, I need you to be quiet for a minute.. I am about to throw up".. Not really what I thought I would say, but hey! Finally I started breathing again and I asked her to continue. She told me about the 3 month old baby boy that they had just learned about the day before. The Birth Mother wanted to meet us on Sunday.
I called Michael and then went back in to Whitney.. I remembering asking her, "The baby is 3 mths, do I care he is not a newborn? Do I care?" Of course her response was, "No you do not care". And she was right.. I did not care at all!
Oh course I could not concentrate on anything and my mind was racing.. I stopped by the agency to talk with them some more. Just the week before I had gotten my hair done and had gotten my summer PINK in it. Rebecca and Susan (Susan is the lawyer and owner's wife) told me NOT to change the pink. They said the birth mother was young and would love it . I trusted them! And then I had to go to work.. WORK????
Saturday morning we went to breakfast and thought about what might be about to happen.
I was so excited I could hardly contain myself, but I knew.. I knew that a lot had to happen before that baby boy was ours.
Our journey to become parents has been a long one. It has been filled with many tribulations. We know all to well the felling of disappointment. I have learned to be very guarded. Getting your hopes up too much is not good. As Michael use to tell me.. The higher I go, the further down I have to fall. I fell many times!
I was excited, but very scared!
Neither Michael nor I slept hardly any on Friday or Saturday night!
Sunday was a big day! One of the biggest in our lives thus far!

4 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Yea! I've been waiting to read about all of this! Can't wait to hear more. Congratulations!

Kristy said...

Girl, I have been waiting for this beautiful story. Part 1 was perfect. So happy for y'all!

Rachel said...

Chills!!! What an amazing journey! God is there at every turn! Tear...:)

Paul and Sarah said...

I love it! I still remember you telling me the news at church. I was so happy.