.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 18, 2010

Sunday, May 16th, 2010.. Meeting the Birth Mother!

So I admit.. I tried on just a few outfits and decided on my signature color! PINK!
We sat through church.. I also admit.. Not really concentrating too much on what Craig was preaching about... I was thinking about what was going to happen at 2pm!
What I will always remember about that morning was telling everyone.. Seeing every one's eyes get big and then fill with tears... Everyone we told teared up! This was something they had prayed long and hard for too!
We went to lunch at Moe's with a bunch of friends and then it was almost time!
We got to the agency early and talked a little with Rick (our lawyer and owner of the agency). Finally she was there...
I gave her a hug and the first thing she said to me while touching my hair was, "I love your hair". The pink will get you every time!
She told us about her baby boy! We asked questions and so did she. I lost it when I explained how much we would love and adore this child. I looked at Michael, he had teared up too. I will never forget her saying how much she loved us. She said she knew she had just met us, but she loved us! Then she said...It was us! It was us she wanted to be this child' mother and father. I wish.. I wish there words to explain the felling I had, but no word is great enough. Michael and I both just got up and gave her the biggest hug.
We all had a good cry!
We talked for sometime more.... I wanted to meet him.. I wanted hold him.. But I knew we had many steps before that.
We got in the car and Michael grabbed my hand and said, "This has been a big day, let's pray!"
I wonder.. Will this child EVER know how much he was prayed for?
Will he ever understand?
Sunday went wonderful and PERFECT (could have not asked for anything more)...
As great as Sunday was... Monday was huge....
The birth mother had to sign the paperwork and had to hand her child over to the agency.
Monday is gonna be a big day!
*** I am writing all of this to remember. I know as time goes so will my memory. I want to remember every detail about this time in our lives. As I am writing and rememebering everything I am balling my eyes out. I just can't believe all of this has happened and happened a whole month ago!
I am reading and hoping that I have written the correct words. The words to explain how wonderful all of this was. But I realize no words can ever fully explain...
5 years of hoping and praying.....
This was the moment in my life that no words are great enough for!

7 comments:

Jamie Grizzle said...

I am crying all over again. I have loved being a part of this journey with y'all and look forward to watching Cooper grow up with 2 parents that love him more than he will ever know!

The Cosby's said...

Tears, tears, joyful tears!! What a story you have to tell! Can't wait to see Cooper grow through the years and learn how many people prayed and loved him even before he was known about. We continue to pray for you, Michael, and little Coop and the years ahead. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of all your lives! Love you girl!

Paul and Sarah said...

Wow you sure know how to make us all cry again. We are so happy for you guys and know that you are going to be awesome parents for Cooper and he will have so many friends who love him. We are so happy to have him in our lives! You guys are awesome parents!

Melanie said...

Jessa, I've loved reading all about this beautiful miracle. God is soooo good!!!

McKinney Madness said...

Yay! You're finally beginning to blog about sweet Coop! I teared up myself just reading your story over again. What an emotional roller coaster it's been, but seeing his sweet little face makes it all worthwhile!! I'm so glad you're taking the time to relive each moment step by step. You need to remember every little moment of all of this!! Can't wait to read the rest!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

How sweet, Jessa...thank you for sharing! What an answered prayer...many have been praying for this moment for you for a long time. God is faithful...in His timing. Cooper is a blessed little boy. :)

Jane said...

Wow! That is an amazing, wonderful experience. Congratulations!