.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tuesday Night: A Meeting to NEVER Forget

As I have the music pumping and I am cleaning my house like a crazy women I hear a knock on the door and see a red cap flying! Ok so maybe it was not a Super Hero, but she might as well have been at that moment. Cortney shows up with a basket FULL of baby necessities. My best friends from college, Rachael and Cortney went in together and got us sheets, lotion, baby bath, and the list goes on and on.... This was MUCH needed, we had none of that stuff and were bringing home our baby the next day! WOW, what awesome friends we have!
Now, if you ask Cortney she will tell you.. I was trying hard to fake it.. But I was FREAKING out.. I was so worried about what Rick and Susan were going to say when we went over there.
I was shaking on the way over to their house. Rick let us in and lead us into their sitting room. When we walked in we saw Susan sitting on the couch holding a baby. I remember looking at her with tears in my eyes and asking, "Is that him, Is that my baby?" She said yes and asked if I wanted to hold him... UHHHH, well of course!
Let's freeze for a moment...
This is not the way I expected to look when meeting my son for the first time.. Dirty from cleaning, hair in a pony, sunglasses on head, and hot pink work shirt still on! I did have a super cute dress picked out for the next day! But... I would not have changed a thing! And let's be honest.. Me in Pink and Michael in an Auburn Shirt, how perfectly us!
After washing my hands, I walked over to Susan.
This is her handing me my son!
We have taken well over 1,000 pictures since this moment.. But this will always be one of my very favorite ones!
I think this picture truly is priceless!

Mommy and Daddy staring at the answer to so many prayers!
Look at him looking at us!

After we sat down, Rick did go over Cooper's medical records. We already knew that Cooper was 2 months early and spent those months in the hospital to gain weight and grow (When he was born he weighted not even 3 1/2 pounds). We also knew that shortly after getting out of the hospital a family member took him out and he got sick. He ended up at Children's with a viral infection. Rick explained that while at Children's Cooper was very sick. He was on a ventilator and had to have a blood transfusion. He went on to say that Cooper has been cleared and is very healthy now, but has been through a lot.
While holding my son and waiting for the bomb to drop... the conversation moves on to other things. I realize.. there is no bomb... Rick just wanted to re-explain everything to us!
Sigh of Relief!
To be Honest... We really think that Rick and Susan knew that the next day was going to very emotional, especially with the birth mother there. So they wanted us to go ahead and meet Cooper!
Hum... maybe..maybe not..
Handing them back Cooper was very hard.. But I knew that I was still not ready and needed a little more time. I wanted everything to be perfect!
No matter what the true reason for our visit was, I left feeling SO much better..
I knew that the next day we were bringing home a
BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY!
side note: thank goodness Rick had his camera ready as he knew what was about to happen. This is one moment that I did not have my camera. I would have been so upset if we did not have these pictures.

4 comments:

Paul and Sarah said...

I love those picture! Come on Jessa you wearing PINK was the ONLY way for Cooper to meet you. He has to get used to it. PINK IS YOU! And we love you guys!

Kristy said...

you're right, that picture is a treasure!

McKinney Madness said...

I'm so glad you're taking the time to document this day by day. It's such a beautiful story and I love going back and re-living every single minute of it through your posts. Please keep em' coming, only faster this time!!! I love you and am SOOOO happy we have sweet Coop in our lives!!!!

Rachel said...

Have to say... this post made me tear up! :) SO sweet and perfect! God is Good! Love!