.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday, May 18, 2010: If you don't think God has a Sense of Humor!

Tuesday I was excited.. We were one day closer to picking up our baby boy!
One day closer than I ever thought!
Around 1:00pm I pulled up to the bank and got a call from the agency. Susan was explaining how the baby was tired and needed to go home. Of course I said, "I know, we are so ready for him to come home too". She continued to explain that the agency was loud, they had another baby there, and home was the best place for him. And I continued to say, "We think home is the best place too". Here I am thinking she is just being nice and then she says....
"We think he needs to go home.. now"
Me: "NOW.. As in when"
Susan: "We can try to have the paperwork ready so y'all can pick him up today"
Me: "No"
FREEZE...
I know you are thinking I am crazy right about now. Yep, you read that correct.. I said No.. But let me explain why.. I wanted to bring my baby home to a CLEAN and CALM home. I was not ready. My house was not clean, my dogs needed a bath, and we needed STUFF. I needed a little time to be calm for my baby! When my house is not clean I am not calm (this is an understatement)..
I then said, "Can we pick him up tomorrow morning?"
We decided on 10:00am!
Now, let's go back a little... You are right! There is a 5 day waiting period in Alabama and the agency does usually keep the baby for those 5 days, but this situation was different. Everyone at the agency felt good about this and so did we, plus we are trusting God!
They also explained that the birth mother asked to be there the day we got the baby. We said that would be fine.
After getting off the phone I went to work and said, "Sheryl, I need to go, NOW". She was wonderful and understood.
The PURE craziness began..THEN!
I called my mom and she left right away!
I went to the grocery and went home to clean...
I must admit...I COULD NOT WAIT!
Later that evening I got another call..
Rick asked that Michael and I come over to their house so he could go over the medical records with me. Of course I freaked out! What is such a big deal that we need to go over to their home. I asked if this was a deal breaker and he said that he did not think so, but I was still VERY worried!
I could have never guessed how that visit would have gone!
Now, if you do not think our God has a sense of humor...
Just think about how we started that Tuesday and how we were about to end it!

1 comment:

McKinney Madness said...

I remember this day so clearly... I came over with a basket of goodies and you were wearing a pink t-shirt with your hair in a pony tail. You were worried to death but trying to be calm! Oh, how awesome our God is... : )