.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just to brag a little


I know.. I know... It has been way too long since I have blogged... But we have been busy having bunches of fun.. And you know that I have taken plenty of pictures along the way.. Meaning I have much to blog about !!!! Now to back track...
June 19.... My Birthday...I turned 29... And yes I really turned 29.. If one more person says, "No really how old are you.. Are you 30?" I might BLOW !!! No I am not 30... I am scared to death of turning 30... Let me enjoy this year.. It is my last !!!!!
My birthday fell on a Thursday this year, so I worked from 8:30 am to around 8:00 pm... Wee Who !!!! But it was a day full of emails, text messages, and phone calls. That really made the day special !! Thank you to all for thinking about me !!!
When I got home that night Michael had this cake for me !!! Yum Yum and it was PINK.. The man knows me !!!! As we were eating cake I noticed my birthday present.. This is one area that Michael ROCKS in.. He is great at getting me gifts that are so thoughtful and so perfectly me !!! They are always unique and something I would have never thought of... Knowing that I really was in no need of anything and had not asked for anything, I could not help but think what this gift might be... I touched the wrapping and it felt like a frame... To be honest, my first thought was... I really hope Michael did not get me an Auburn Print.. that is his thing not mine... But I knew I would have loved whatever it was... I was not even though eating my cake when my curiosity got the best of me and I asked to open this interesting gift (you know it must be good if I stopped eating my cake, I LOVE birthday cake)..
When I opened it I just sat there with my mouth open.. All I could say was.. "I love it I love it I love it" over and over again.. Michael had called our Wedding Photographer, who happens to be not only some of the best in the Southeast, but also great Family Friends.. Good for me, they also live in Hoover. He ordered me one of our Wedding Portraits. We have plenty of pictures framed, but don't have a portrait.. Need less to say.. I LOVE IT!!!! I love it for so many reasons... Here are just a few:
1) This was his idea and he thought of it himself
2) He went through our wedding book and picked out the picture himself
3) Proof that was a special day for him as well
4) Michael knows me so well and this gift is PERFECT for me
Those are just a few thoughts that went through my head... I took a picture of the portrait, but let me tell you... the picture does not even do it justice !!!! I guess you will just have to come over and see it... (that last remark was for friends only, no blog stalkers invited!!!)

We hung this in the Den !!! Every time I look at it, it brings back great memories... I could have not asked for a better birthday present.. Thank you Michael.. Thank you for knowing me so well and once again being so thoughtful!!!! It was a very special gift that I will never forget.. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!

Happy 29th Birthday to Me !!!! (a little late)

6 comments:

The Cosby's said...

Oh my gosh, Jessa, that is the sweetest thing ever. He really is so creative and thoughtful. That is a great picture of the two of you. Can't wait to see it on your wall.

The Penter Family said...

Mike did a good job! I'm proud of him and that is great picture of y'all too!

Jamie Grizzle said...

He did a great job on picking out the gift and the picture! You both look great and so happy in it. I love the frame too! Way to go, Michael.

Julie Young said...

That was so thoughtful! How come guys are always good at getting gifts like that. Jud is waaay more creative than I am. That is awesome! Michael did good on that one.

Martha said...

Awww, that was a sweet post! The part where you said "no blog stalkers invited" cracked me up. Happy belated birthday.

Kristy said...

Happy Late Birthday! Your picture is BEAUTIFUL, and it's so good to know that Mike still has it in him. :) Tell him hello from us!