.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 18, 2008

McCabe Annual Beach Trip

Welcome to "The McCabe Family Beach Trip". To the left you will see my WONDERFUL Grandparents.. I introduce to you Grandmother Pat Pat and Granddaddy Neil (aka The McCabe's)... This is my mother's parents... Well Grandmother Pat Pat is my mother's Step Mother, because my grandmother past away when I was young... But the word "step" just does not cut it for our family.. I like to say that some people are blessed enough to have TWO mothers... And so, blessed is my mother.. Which makes me blessed as well.. To be honest it makes us all blessed, because our family ROCKS !!! We are so very close, but like most things in my blog... I think I will blog about the wonderful make up of our family another time... Back to our beach trip.. Years ago my Aunt Donna Kay was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.. Through many prayers and many hard times she come through... To celebrate her being finished with treatment my Grandparents took us all to Orange Beach.. We all loved it so much and had so much fun that the trip became an annual one.. Which brings us back to July 2-3, 2008..
Did I mention that there are 12 of us cousins... I am the oldest and the youngest is 4!!!!
I know... WOW !!!
Here is just a snick look into the fun we had at Orange Beach !!!!!
I brought a bunch of water guns and blow up beach toys for the kids to play with.. Johnny piled it all on at once (I think Michael might have helped him a little)
Here is Mac (my brother) at the pool !! He spent most of the day looking at "The ladies" !!! What a pimp.. at least that is what he thinks !!!
Uncle Bill, Grandmother Pat Pat, Donna Kay, and Granddaddy enjoying the late afternoon..
Johnny, Hannah, and Cole loved to hang on Mac.. Well at least those muscles are good for something !!
Are those not the sweetest faces !!!! LeeAnn and Sarah Winston playing in the pool !!
Mac and I ... Wow my face looks RED !!!!
After everybody freshened (is "freshened a word??) up, we went back down to the pool to grill out. NOTICE.. the pink hair.... I loved having some pink in my hair.. it has already faded so much since then.. I will just HAVE to do it again..
Mac and Michael doing just another variation of the Louisiana Point...
Myself and Hannah before we ate..
Momma and Daddy
I had to get in on a Louisiana Point picture too...
Rhea and Hannah
LeeAnn , Myself, and Sarah Winston
After we ate is was on to a game of teather ball (did I spell teather right.. I just took the word "weather" and took away the "w" and added a "t" ).. Sarah Winston is a big softball player and is an AWESOME pitcher... We had fun just sitting around watching her pitch !! You go girl !!!

Grandmother Pat Pat and Will watching the game !!
After we ate and played a few games it was dark and time to head up to a room.. We sat around and played some of our favorite board and card games..
Here is Mac trying to prove how strong he is.. Yes he did pick up Michael but dropped him right after the camera snapped !!! oh, how the tables have turned !!!
This is probably one of my most favorite pictures from the whole trip.... I told you that the Louisiana Point was spreading.... Michael even taught it to Johnny !!! Seriously, how cute does Johnny look !!!!
From enjoying the beach and pool, to grilling out, to playing games.... it was a great few days... More than anything I loved being with my family. We are very close, but times that we are all together are rare... I cherish these trips and hold the memories very dear... God has blessed our family and this we all know !!!
After Orange Beach, Michael and I headed to Destin for the 4th of July.. Post to follow !!!

3 comments:

Bowerman Blessed said...

Looks like a fun family trip. You looks soooo dark (but when have you not looked dark). I'm glad ya'll had a wonderful time.

Jamie Grizzle said...

Looks like a fun trip. Having a close -knit family is a true blessing!

Julie Young said...

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. Looks like you guys had a blast!