.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2008

There is no place like home !!!

There's no place like home
There's no place like home
There's no place like home
There is definitely no place like home when home is Destin Florida.. Many of many favorite things are in Destin ... Of course the beach, but most importantly my family...
After our McCabe Family Beach Trip to Orange Beach we followed my parents and brother back to Destin to stay for 3 days.. We got there Thursday afternoon and left on Sunday. It was great to be able to stay that long, but even that was not long enough. Once we got to Destin I opened my Birthday presents from my family.. My parents got me so much.. I held up a few things in the picture to the left. As you can see I got my new purse and I also got a bag FULL of Auburn Stuff.. I am ready for Football Season... Everything was either PINK or ORANGE and BLUE !! LOVE IT !!
As Mac has gotten older he has been picking out my presents for him himself.. He has a great track record... While at in Auburn at football camp a few weeks ago he picked out a PINK Auburn shirt for me.. And to top it off he asked Tuberville to sign it for me.. If you can't see it my t-shirts says
"Happy Birthday Jessa.. War Eagle.. Tommy Tuberville.. 2008"
WAY TO GO MAC... I love it..
Michael says I can't wear it !!! But I love the shirt.. He says I can buy another one just like it, but I CAN NOT wear the one that is signed.... that is fine, I love to shop !!!
The 4th of July is always crazy in Destin.. So instead of venturing out with the rest of the world we spent it close to home.. Thankfully close to home was our great friends, The Willis'. They had a bunch of people over to grill out and have fun..
Here is Michael and I in the Willis' backyard.
Mother and I
The Willis' were some of the first friends we made when we moved to Destin in 1984. They have 4 boys and are like family.. I love them dearly and consider Mrs. Merri and Mr. Ronnie like second parents.
Here is Momma with Mrs. Merri
Saturday mother and I spent ALL day at the beach (my favorite place to be) !! We did a lot of talkin', readin', and sunnin'.. Just doesn't get much better than that.
To say the least, Michael doesn't quite love the beach as much as me. So he and daddy spent the day at the house catching up on Auburn Football. Which I think entitled the Auburn Message Board and all the football magazines.
The one thing Michael wanted to do while in Destin was go and watch the fight. He has become a big UFC fan (for you girls.. that is where 2 guys get in a ring and bet the crap out of each other... I know how can you not love this, right????). The fight was on paperview so we went to Johnny O' Quigley's. Which is this great SMOKE FREE sports bar in Destin.
Here is a few pictures of us taken in our backyard before we left.

I love this picture... Do you like the orange and blue theme (not even planned by the way)??? I am thinking this is a great football season outfit.. for the both of us..

As we were walking into Johnny O' Quigley's Michael had a guy pat him on the back and say "War D**n".. Michael said "War Eagle Man" turned around and then turned to me and said "That's Kevin Greene".. Which meant about nothing to me, but by the way he said it I knew it should.. So I just smiled and excitedly said "wow..... who's that??" He then explained that Kevin Greene was a walk on at Auburn but went on to play for the NFL and is the leading tackler for linebackers. Then said "get me a pen.. no no the camera".. He turned and asked Kevin for a photo. He was a very nice guy and said sure .. Right before I took the picture the conversation went:

Michael:"Hey Kevin, got 6?"

Kevin: "What..... Oh Hell yea I got 6"

Then I took the picture !!!!! My parents said that Kevin and his family now live in Destin and are very active in the Methodist Church... I know it made Michael's night... WAR EAGLE KEVIN !!!!

It was a great trip and went by WAY to quickly... We had a great time !!! I hated to leave, but knew it was on to New Orleans the next weekend. Up Next.. New Orleans Pictures !!!

5 comments:

Bowerman Blessed said...

I love the orange dress! War Eagle! You look beautiful.

The Penter Family said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday!

Jamie Grizzle said...

Wow - you are on the ball with blogging! Can't wait to see the NO pics. That orange dress really is pretty and I am a BAMA fan!

Rachel said...

I haven't seen yall in a while!! I hope all is well. I'm glad yall had a fun trip and sorry you didn't have your sunscreen bag but I haven't seen you since SawGrass... have I? Anyway, miss you much! Rach

McKinney Madness said...

Well, I guess you got caught up on blogging, huh? I've still got 2 more posts before I'll be caught up. Just a couple of comments on the blogs:
1. Mac has turned into quite the hotte (shh... don't tell him though- it'll go to his head!)
2. I wanted a giraffe print purse just like that!
3. Do you realize we're the proud un-tees of Jackson Scott Hamilton? Yes, I said it- UN-TEE.
4. You look GREAT in those pictures!
5. Now- where's the New Orleans post?? : )