.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

New Orleans.. Proud to Swim Home !!!


WARNING...WARNING....WARNING...... This blog contains a ridiculous amount of pictures......
I have even narrowed it down and cut some out... But come on, does this even surprise you???
How funny is this bumper sticker ??? "New Orleans.. Proud to Swim Home ".. What a great way to start this blog !!!
Thursday July 10th we headed out towards New Orleans.. Oh the humidity, Oh the Smell.. Don't you just love New Orleans. Ok maybe those are not some of the highlights of the city, but we do LOVE N.O.. We went with our good friends Jason and Jessica Johnson. This is a trip we try to take each year and it was at this trip last year where the well known "Louisiana Point" was founded.. So I suppose that this is another warning.... even though I have tried to keep the number down there is still an abundance of Louisiana Point pictures in this blog.

On Friday we ventured out to Bourbon Street for awhile and then headed to the best burger place in the world, "Port of Call". Michael found this place years ago and we eat there ever time we are in N.O. Port of Call is a hole in the wall place with the best burger you will ever put in your mouth (dare I say even say better than they use to make them in Auburn at Cheeburger Cheeburger.

After we ate we walked around Bourbon Street even more, which of course meant walking in all the shops. And you know this was a great photo opportunity (and we didn't even get kicked out, I think the guy was laughing to hard at us).
Michael and I found the perfect "pimp outfits" for each of us (in case you are wondering about this.. yes there is such thing as the "perfect pimp outfit). Michael's was an "All Auburn All Orange" coat with Auburn Beads to match. I am embarrassed to admit that Michael actually asked how much this "thing" was. He thought it would be "just perfect" for an Auburn game. Thankfully is was like $100. Thank you little non-American man for pricing this WAY to much..

My Perfect Pimp Accessory was of course.... PINK !!!!!

Michael and I at one of the many Fat Tuesdays on Bourbon...


Michael and I in Jackson's Square


On to Margaritaville for dinner
Michael and Jason

Jessica and I

Michael and I

Michael found himself a perfect place while I shopped around !!


After we ate and shopped we decided to head back to our hotel. But on our way we found a matching band going down the road. And let me tell you..... This ain't your momma's matching band !!! They were jammin' !!! I will admit, I kindof got into it a little and jammed along !!!

We retired early on Friday night, but were up and going on Saturday. We took the trolley into the Garden District. Here we are on our way..

We passed some beautiful homes along the way. I took pictures of as many as I could. Each one was more beautiful than the one before. I love this one because of the white columns and huge porch on both floors. I hope Michael was taking notes, I sure was !!!
In the Garden District there was actually a sallon called "Cooter Brown's" (I didn't even ask, this was New Orleans). Of course this called for a Louisiana Point Picture.. I mean come on.. duh!!
After our trip into the Garden District, we went walking around the waterfront area more. Along the way we stopped to talk to some locals.. (this is my FAVORITE picture of the entire trip.. notice the Auburn Visor on the little boy and cell phone in the man's hand). What can we say, we find Auburn Fans everywhere !!!! War Eagle Guys !!!!

I loved all the little shops and found wonderful things. My favorite is a t-shirt that says.. "I want to be Barbie... That B***H has everything".. I love this shirt, because I agree (and her signature color is pink too) As true as it may be, it was completely inappropriate, just a little right !!! But it was still funny !!! My next favorite is this little sign.. oh so perfect for me to !!! (if you can't read it, it says, "PATIENCE.. I am extraordinarily patient, as long as I get my own way in the end".. Wow both perfect items for me !!!
Before heading back to the hotel to get ready for dinner we stopped to get a minty drink to cool us off. The heat was something down there !!!
Heading out to dinner on Saturday night
I have never been to Bourbon Street at night, so we decided to go out "just for awhile" after dinner.

We headed to Pat O'Brians to get one of their famous Hurricanes. While we were there we decided to "just for a minute" go into the Piano Bar area. They have 2 dueling pianos that play request, along with a few dollars of course, all night. I have said "just for a minute" about the whole going out thing, because that was the plan. But who knew we would wonder into a place that I could sing at the top of my lungs and know every song that was played.. My type of place !! We ended up staying there until around 12:30 (which is mighty late for this earlier nighter) !! But it was well worth, we had a blast !!
Here is a picture of the pianos !! We got them to play "Sweet Home Alabama".. Which of course lead to us yelling War Eagle.. And if you can believe it..... We heard just a few LSU shout outs..just a few...

Michael and I as we were waiting to get a table. You had to wait in line to get in and then once you got in you had to wait for a table.. the wait was not long at all and well worth it..

Throughout the night we turned the camera on ourselves and took some pictures.. I thought I would share a few...

With Michael holding the camera we were actually able to get all four of us in the picture..

Sunday we had to leave the fun and the smell of New Orleans. Unfortunately with all we ate t-shirts were not the only thing that came home with us, a few extra pounds came along to. As if we had not eaten enough, we stopped at this great catfish place about 30 minutes outside of New Orleans. YUM YUM....

What a great weekend.. I know what you are thinking...... I should have taken more pictures, I know right !!!!!!! What can I say, we love New Orleans.. We already can't wait to go back !!

***** My bloggin friends I know what you are thinking.. With all those pictures, why didn't she just put them in one of those slideshow things.. and there is a perfectly good reason that I did not do that.... Because I did not want to !!!!!

3 comments:

Bowerman Blessed said...

What a fun trip!

The Penter Family said...

You got some good pictures!Looks like a fun trip. Personally, I'm not a fan of slide shows either :)

Kristy said...

I love your pimp pictures. There's something so refreshing in knowing that you and Mike haven't changed a bit! :)