.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

2 Christmas', Some Good deals, and 1 GREAT Deal

The day after Christmas is always CRAZY !!! Mrs. Daffin and I did get up way early and left the house before the sun even came up. But WOW was it worth it. We found some great deals and I already have a nice start on Christmas shopping for next year. Yep you heard that right !! I confess that I am one of "those" people that do my Christmas shopping year around and I start the day after Christmas.
After all of those deals I meet Michael to have more family Christmas. There is nothing like seeing the look on Michael's face every year as we move all the bags from Mrs. Daffin's car to ours. They just keep coming and coming... That look is priceless !!!
Next we went to Michael's Grandparents house to exchange gifts. This is where our camera goes MIA.. Well not totally MIA, just under ALL of the stuff in the back of our car MIA. So even though we have no pictures to share, it was a good time. After that we headed over to Michael's Dads house for our last Christmas. Still no camera... Shug and Kenzie got even more Christmas Happy's from Michael's dad... Our dogs are spoiled !!!
Our next spot is where my ONE GREAT DEAL comes in to play !!!!
No surprise here... I love Christmas decorations !!! And ever since Michael and I got a house we have always decorated our tree with specific colors and decorations. Which I love, but ALL of our other decorations just stay in a box, a Big Box.. Full of tree decorations.... Because of this I have said that I wanted to have 2 trees. One Fancy and One Fun !!! So this year I decided if I could find an artificial tree at a great price, it would be ours.. But I was looking for not good, but great price.. I mean this is for a second tree. So on our way back to Birmingham we stopped by Target to see what we could find. Michael had gone earlier to see what sales they had. He had already spotted a tree that was originally over $300 and on sale for $188 and then was 50% off of the $188. Yes that is a really good deal, but still more than I wanted to pay... My love and desire to have a second tree won out and we decided to buy it. SO.. we go up to pay for it and the lady is having trouble getting the price correct.. Michael and I explained what the price was suppose to be, she was still having trouble. So of course the manager came over to see what she could do.. Don't you know all those people behind us were just loving us at this point.. After forever of them trying to fix the price and pushing so many buttons....
$36.62 came up and she just looked at us and said.."There, that is your price" !!!
WHA WHA WHA WHAT !!!!!!!!! $36.62 !!!!!!
Poor thing there is no telling what time she got there that morning and just knowing how crazy they had been !! Well just Bless her Heart !!!! Bless Her Heart for not caring enough at that point to fight with the cash register anymore !!
Once we got home I was still giddy about my tree.. I found my camera and knew this was blog worthy !!
Here is our new 7 1/2 Pre-lit.. Remote Control Tree...
And for only $36.62

Blog Worthy if you ask me !!

*** Even weeks later while writing this I am still giddy about my $36.62 second tree !!

2 comments:

Lanie said...

WHAT AN AWESOME DEAL! I love it!! I would be very proud as well. The "Year in Review" post was more of reflection for me than anyone else. Thanks for taking time to read it!

Tesney said...

I love to go shopping the day after Christmas. I think this is the 5th or 6th year I've done it. My favorite is getting Christmas decorations for next year, forgetting about them, and then getting super excited the next year when I pull them out. I also buy tons of Christmas presents for all the randoms...teachers, hairdressers, etc. It's so nice to have those things taken care of and not have to worry about them on the Christmas shopping list nex year!