.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Darn you Bear Bryant !!

To wear are not to wear... That is the question !!!
If I wear a houndstooth accessory, does this make me look like a Bama Fan ??
I have been asking myself this question for some months now. It was getting harder and harder to turn my back on the cutest of cute stuff only because it bears the same material as Bear Bryant's Hat. Right around the time I had decided, "it's only a mere man's hat... I can still love Auburn and wear houndstooth".. I walk into the bank and look at the teller who is helping me. I see she has on a houndstooth belt.. And without even realizing it, I assumed she was an Alabama Fan. Well I guess that just answered my question right there.. All of that talking myself into "going for it....mere man's hat"... well that had just gone to hell and a hand basket !!!
No Houndstooth Scarf..No Super Cute Houndstooth Shoes, and Certainly NO AWESOME Houndstooth Coat (see picture below) for me !!


Now before I get hate mail or comments from my Crimson Tide friends... you must understand..... well there is just no easy way to say this.. I am an AUBURN fan and proud to be.. So someone thinking I am a bama fan, well that is just not an option.
Which brings up another question ....
Does my love for AUBURN out weigh my desire to look cute ?? That's a hard one !!! But thank goodness for me houndstooth is not the only cute material out there !!
So to go back to the beginning.. To wear or not to wear houndstooth??
Well DARN you Bear Bryant... the answer is not to wear.
Because I love AUBURN !!!
*** side note: some of the stuff in that picture at the top I would not wear even if it was made out of GOLD.. tacky is tacky !!

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

jessa, I feel the same way. There is some really cute houndstooth stuff out there and I will never be able to wear any of it without feeling like a traitor.

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Girl, you are too funny!

Do you think I'm bad? said...

absolutely NO houndstooth. no way. no excuses. not even pink and green houndstooth (or any other color you may choose)! we would have to have a serious talk. and i mean SERIOUS!!!

The Cosby's said...

Just buy it all for me! I have several things but would love more!

Lanie said...

I vote for you to sport the houndstooth with pride. It's ok to be classy every now-and-then, J/K! James Willis came to his senses, you can too!

Lanie said...

Jessa ~ just so you know... I think you are one of the cutest people I have ever met, no matter what you decide to wear. I was just giving you a hard time on the ole football rivalry. Btw, I never commented on that not so lovely FL gators post either. :) I hope you guys have a great weekend! Maybe we'll see ya Sunday.

McKinney Madness said...

Do NOT touch the houndstooth. I repeat: do NOT tough the houndstooth!!

Rachael Hamilton said...

Very funny blog! It made me laugh outloud! Miss having your wit around more often!

The Kirks said...

Haha! I definitely do agree that I always associate Houndstooth with Alabama! We just have that fashionable market covered! Maybe you could go for camo. ;) Haha! Just kidding!