.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Home for Christmas

So we headed to Destin for Christmas and I LOVED IT!!! Pulling up at my house, well there is no other feeling. Especially with it decorated for Christmas. I come by my love of holiday (especially Christmas) decorations naturally. My mother had the house looking and smelling wonderful, just like Christmas.
Here is a peek into the house that we moved into when I was 7 andI love like no other!
Our tree in Destin is so colorful and sparkly it almost makes you forget that my mother sold out a few years ago and got an artificial one!
The mantle looked great and so did every one's new stockings.. polka dots with animal on the top...perfect!
hahahaha.. are you noticing the picture above the mantle! That was taken the summer before I went to Auburn. I was 17 and Mac was 5! I am thinking it may be time for a new picture!
The Dining Room
So in my post about my house decorations I was telling you that I was going to try something different with my Christmas Cards next year.. Well here it is.. I am going to steal this idea from my mother and do this on one of my post. She made a bow and took a think ribbon and let it dangle. From there she clipped all the cards on!
Very Cute.. Thanks for the idea Momma!
Best decoration of all goes to this manager! It may not look like a lot to you, but this one has history! This was my Grandparents (McCabe's) and every year they would wait for me to put it together when I got to Fayette. So I was not the only one that loved this manager! Momma loves it too, they even let her take it home. One day it will be mine and then my kids! Decorations are great, but the kind with meaning are the best!
Somehow I managed to not even get a picture of the outside. That is a shame, because momma had it looking classic and lovely!
Home for Christmas is the best!

No comments: