.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cortney's Wedding Part 1: The Bridesmaid Luncheon


This past weekend was a VERY special one !! As most of you know my best friend got married. Many of many prayers have been said for her to find her husband and for her dream to become a wife to come true. God is very good and did answer those prayers.
I got to the big Alabama town of Florence (aka.. Flo-Town) on Thursday evening. I was blessed enough to be able to stay the weekend at the Browning House with Ms. Carolyn (Cort's mom), Amy (Cort's sister), and Cortney (the Bride herself)..
We started off the Wedding Festivities on Friday with the Bridesmaid Luncheon. It was outside and we had beautiful weather. As a gift from the Bridesmaids we got her a Vera Bradley bag with some honeymoon must and a Scrapbook. Each Bridesmaid was in charge of making two pages and we put them all together in a book. Knowing how much Cort loves pictures (almost as much as me).. This was a perfect gift for her.. I would love to say it was my idea, but it was not !!!
Here is Cort looking through her scrapbook.. I love her face in this picture !!!

Here is Cort looking at the pages that I made for her.. Trust me when I say much love and time went into those pages, but it was well worth it !!!

Cort, Martina, and myself outside before we ate


Tara, Cort, and myself

Tara and I (Tara is a great friend of ours from Auburn. She was one of my bridesmaids, and Cortney and I were both in her wedding last April). Happy late one year anniversary Tara and Josh !!!

Martina and I
Here is a picture of all of Cortney's Bridesmaid. The only bridesmaid not pictured was Rachael (our other best friend who is SO pregnant and could not come)

(Top L to R) Laura (Bham friend) Melody (HS friend) Me (the Best) Cort (the Bride) Amy (Cort's Sister) Brooke (cousin) Anna (Cousin's Wife) Paige (cousin)

(Bottom L to R) Mandy (Auburn Friend) Ginger (Childhood Best Friend) Martina (Bham Friend) Tara (Auburn Friend)

Well that raps up The Bridemaids Luncheon. It was a great afternoon and a great way to kick off the weekend. Thank you to Mrs. Vicki (Cortney's Aunt), Brooke, Paige, and Anna. The Luncheon was very special and I know meant alot to Cort.

I must pre-warn you all... there are other post to come on this wedding....and many, many, many more pictures.. If you thought you had seen some pictures before on my blog, just wait.. What can I say, I have an excuse.. My best friend got married !!!!

2 comments:

Julie Young said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am just like you are about pictures, so bring them on!

Kristy said...

YAY! I've been checking your blog for pictures from her wedding. We were so mad to miss it! Keep them coming!