.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

SawGrass Part 3: Grillin' and Singin'


Once we got gas in the four-wheeler and got it back to the cabin, it was on to more fun. As the sun started to head down everyone was outside enjoying each others company. Some of the guys were grillin' hamburgers and hotdogs and the rest of us were just a talkin'.

How many guys does it take to grill a hamburger?????

Shaun, how did you get stuck with the grill? I thought my Michael was suppose to be doing that....

I found him.. Michael had gotten caught up in other activities.. That is if you are calling throwing an axe at a piece of wood and trying to make it stick, an activity !! I think holding the axe made Michael and Justin feel more MANLY !!!! (Whatever works, right)... No No I am just kidding.. Ya'll are man enough without an axe for Whitney and I !!!


After eating we all headed into the cedar room.. Well that is what I call it. Rachel's family added this room when they bought the property. The inner walls are lined with cedar wood. It smells wonderful in there, just the way a cabin should smell !!
We dimmed the lights and got to singin' !!! God truly blessed so many people in our group with beautiful voices. Unfortunately, I was not one of them.. This girl can not carry a tune in a bucket.. But man do I love to listen to my friends sing. We sang a variety of devotional songs and even got a little "Get Right Church" in there.. We ended with a prayer.. Praying for God to Bless our group even more.. I am going to be honest, I did not know he could bless us any more than he already had..
Here is a picture of Martina, Camron, Whitney, and Justin before we started to sing !
Right above our head was a mounted animal.. To bad he did not make the picture...

Here is our all girl crazy picture.. By the look on everyone's face, I would say crazy is a good word !!! But still, that is a good looking group of girls !!
(Top L to R) Lanie, Rachel, Me, Jamie
(Bottom L to R) Martha, Whitney, Martina, and Ashley
We were having so much fun the cops even stopped by !!!! That hasn't happened since college !!! But Rachel and Justin handled it just fine.. It was back to fun for us !!
All the pictures and words do not even do this weekend justice. It was an awesome weekend. Everything from the food, the land, but mostly the people !!!! As just maybe you can tell, this group of friends means so much to Michael and I. God rained down his blessing when he put them in our lives. You will see them plenty more in the blogs to come... They are part of the story of our lives in Birmingham..
One more BIG THANK YOU to Rachel, Jared, and Rachel's family for sharing their land with us.

3 comments:

Jamie Grizzle said...

I am so glad you got a photo of the cop in there! Way to go with catching the memorable moments on camera!

Kristy said...

You have such a fun group of friends. Makes me miss living in the same town as you!

P.S. You should join facebook. :)

brooke said...

Wow, fun fun group that ya'll have! You are always doing exciting things...good for you!