.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Sorry to Interrupt our Regularly Scheduled Program


I am sorry to interrupt our regularly scheduled program... aka Cortney's Wedding.... but June 15th was a day that needs to be blogged about.. June 15th was a great day for 2 reasons.. #1 was it was Father's Day and #2 it was my parents 33rd Wedding Anniversary..
In my Mother's Day post I told you how much like my mother I am.. Well just as much as I am like her.. I am also just like my father.. trust me, this is possible...
I am a Daddy's Girl in every way possible and PROUD of it.. My outgoing personality and ability to talk to a brick wall came straight from him.. I will also admit that my being hard headed and uncanny ability to be right about everything (at least I feel that way) came from him also.
Do you know the feeling when you see something on tv or in a movie and it makes you think about some part of your past.. Welcome to the feeling I got when I saw "Remember the Titans".. I was that blond curly haired little girl.. No I did not call my daddy "coach", but I do remember being a little girl at Auburn games and my father explaining everything about the game to me.. Well it stuck, because in my opinion it is the best game ever played..
From football, Daddy May I, Wizard of OZ, and everything in between, Thank you Daddy.. You were a great "girls dad".. That may not make sense to all, but I was a only child for 13 years.. Which means for 13 years my father only had a daughter. And I will admit though I had a true love for football it was ballet shoes and pom poms for this girl.. Every performance, competition, and game, you were there.. cheering me on..
So Daddy thank you.. Though I am married and will hopefully have children of my own someday.. I will always be your little girl !!!
Mac (my brother) and Daddy at Christmas
June 15, 1975
Donna Ann McCabe married James Luther Barton
Mr and Mrs. Barton
Thank goodness... Without that day the great combination of both (that would be me) would not be here today !!!!
In the day of divorce and short marriages I am proud to say that Sunday was my parents 33rd anniversary..
Happy Anniversary Momma and Daddy !!! I love you both very much..

No comments: