.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cortney's Wedding Part 3: Like Old times and Hairspray

I love this picture of Cortney and her sister. It tells the story of Friday night.
After the Rehearsal Dinner Amy (Cort's sister), Cortney, Mrs. Carolyn (Cort's mom) and myself headed back to the Browning House. Mrs. Carolyn just a few years ago built a beautiful home. And as if that was not great enough Aunt Vicki and Uncle Tim, the cousins who are so close they might as well be siblings parents, moved in right across the golf course.. They are just a minutes walk away. Once we got settled in, Ben and Anna (Cortney's cousin and wife) came over to check something on the computer. Thank goodness they hung around to chat. Soon after Brooke (another cousin) came on over. We sat around and laughed, laughed, laughed !!! Let me just tell you, Cortney's family is salt of the earth and it just tickled me pink (of course pink) to spend some time like this with them. It brought back memories of doing the same thing in Auburn. Isn't it funny how the simplest things sometimes end up making the best memories. Times like they are my favorite !!!
Not the best picture of me, but hey it was part of that great memory I was just talking about !!
Once we realized it was to late and Cortney still had to pack, everyone left. Here is Cortney making sure she had everything she needed for the honeymoon.

My very favorite part of Friday night came, well it actually came early early on Saturday morning. Amy, Cortney, and myself all sat around Cort's bed with the lights off and prayed. This was a different prayer than I had ever prayed for Cortney before. I had always prayed for her to find the one, but there I was praises Him for her Wedding Day. With tears running down our faces we prayed and praised !!!!
Saturday, aka..... WEDDING DAY !!!!!!!! Off to get the hair done. She will probably kill me for putting this picture in, but I think it is hilarious.. She looks a little like Cousin It !!!

You can just see the Hairspray being sprayed.. Trust me that hair was not moving !!

When the veil was put on my tears began again.. I knew this was going to be a long day for my tears !!!

If you think she looks beautiful now, just wait for the dress (of yea... more tears).. Next Blog... Wedding Day Pictures.. I know FINALLY.. But I all about suspense...

1 comment:

Kiera said...

Looks like yall had a blast. I hated I couldn't be there! Thanks for posting all the great pictures and updates! I love it! Hope you are doing great!!