.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy 18th Birthday Mac

It always works out great that our Spring Break falls around Mac's Birthday. So I always go home and spend a few qualities days with the family. On Friday, I had some errands to run before leaving which included swinging by Olexa's to pick up Mac's cake. I busted my behind to make it to Destin in time to watch Mac's baseball game on Friday night only for it to be canceled. Oh well... I was just proud of myself that the entire cake made it all the way to Destin.. I wanted to eat the entire thing, WOW just think how many P90X's it would take to burn that off.. that was the ONLY thing that kept me from chowing down.. that and the fact it was Mac's cake not mine...
Mac and I (me begging to go ahead and cut the cake already)
Mac with his presents
Mac went ahead and opened his gifts on Sunday, March 14th...
Mac with the outfit we got him for his birthday... Yep, he thinks he is cool!
I made him smile to a real picture...
Momma and Daddy got Mac a few things which include this white oxford shirt
And this gift was to go with the oxford...
Cuff Links...
But not just any cuff links..
These were made from the seats at the original New York Yankees Stadium. To the left is the card of authenticity which tells which seat was used to make these cuff links. Now that is pretty cool if you ask me!
After opening presents and Mac tormenting us for days and days.. We FINALLY got to cut the cake... and YUM YUM YUM was it worth it..
If you have never had a cake from Olexa's you are missing out. Olexa's is a cafe in Mountain Brook that also caters. It is a wonderful place to go have lunch.. but save room for dessert (the BEST part).. They serve REAL buttercream wedding cake... YUM! You can order a cake and they decorate it anyway you like (Mac's cake looked great)... Well worth it people..
These days I ask myself...
Is eating this really worth it......
the answer to that question when it comes to Olexa's cake is...
YES most DEFINITELY!

1 comment:

McKinney Madness said...

Our little boy is growing up! I can't believe he's already 18. Seems like only yesterday he was coming to visit in AU as a young tike... : )