.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Honoring My Granddaddy!

February 27, 2010....
My Granddaddy Barton would have been 100....
He died February of 2003! Just a little more than a month before my wedding! He was one of the most wonderful men I have ever met and he loved me very very much!
My daddy's oldest sister, Aunt Nancy, is wonderful when it comes to family. Family Memories, Family Heirlooms, she has it all under control! She organized everyone to met in the middle (our house) and have lunch on Saturday, February 27th.. In honor of My Granddaddy!
Aunt Nancy (oldest sister), My Daddy (the baby), Aunt Marion (the middle sister)
Michael and I... (this is Michael's "I love taking pictures" face)Daddy, Mac, and MichaelMac, Momma, Daddy, and Me (looking into the sun)It was great to get our family together and remember a man that meant so much to all of us!
I have said for many years now and will say it till the day I die...
Those stories...you know the ones... the ones that your grandparents have told you a zillion times...like the story of how my Granddaddy and Grandmother wrote letters to each other during their courtship.. I would give anything to hear him tell that story one more time..
or any other of his wonderful stories...
I miss him (and his stories) very much!

2 comments:

McKinney Madness said...

What a great idea to get together on your grandad's birthday! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

That's so sweet!
By the way, I love your captions to all your pics. You always crack me up!