.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 28, 2008

McCabe Family Christmas

12 Grandchildren
8 Aunts and Uncles (including my parents)
2 Grandparents
1 Husband of a Grandchild (Michael)
EQUALS = 23 People !!!!!!!
And I love everyone of the more than words..

Here is a picture of all 12 children ranging from 4 to 29 (I am the oldest by 10 years) with our wonderful Grandparents. If you have been reading my blog you will remember the beach trip we go on every year. As special of a trip that is, McCabe Family Christmas is even better. We have been celebrating Family Christmas in the HUGE town of Fayette, Alabama forever. (side note... do not worry if you have never heard of this huge town of Fayette... it is really an extremely small town in North Alabama).
Uncle Rick, Mac, and Uncle John Nathan (how excited do they look !!)

LeeAnn looking through the presents. All the kids are always looking for theirs !!
Johnny and Michael

Mac and I
Aunt Donna Kay, My Momma, and Aunt Daphne


Mac, Granddaddy, Uncle Rick, Michael, Fuller, and Uncle Bill (or as the kids call him "Uncle Bull") right before all 23 of us made a circle and blessed the food.

Uncle Rick, me, and Uncle Bill (I was standing on my tip tip toes for this picture)

Mac and Hannah
Granddaddy and Uncle Rick watching all the kids play outside
Years ago when Michael and I were first dating he had come home for Christmas with me to meet our crew. Sometime during that day while outside he noticed that my Grandparents backyard was huge and perfect for a game of football, so later that day he asked who wanted t0 play. The next year one of my cousins said something about playing the "Mullen Bowl" and that name stuck. It has been played every year since and is now a family tradition. And is still called "The Mullen Bowl" !!!!
This year Uncles, Guy Cousins, and even some of my little girl cousins jumped in !! Like always I just stand to the side and play photographer.
The Game was a success and no one got hurt. No score was keep so all were happy !! Every year after the game is over I take a group picture of all who played in that years game.
Top: Fuller, Michael, Mac, Conner, John Nathan, Bill

Bottom: Will, Sarah Winston, LeeAnn, Johhny, Hannah, Rhea, Daniel, and Cole


Granddaddy and I before we went in to open gifts


Mother and Daddy as the Grandkids were playing elf and handing out the gifts

Rhea, What did you get ???

Conner got a Red Vest and Mac got a Camo Auburn Shirt

Hey Daniel, That football will come in handy with our family

Mac's Football team is the Fort Walton Beach Vikings... So when Will opened up this Viking hat, Mom just had to try it on, which means I just had to take a picture.. Go Vikings !!!


Somebody unwrap this present, it sure is cute !! It looks a little like Will !!

With all the boys in our family.. wrestling is a past time...... Conner giving Johnny and Hannah a ride !!!


Crash... Boooo.. That ride did not last very long Conner !!

Granddaddy after he opened up one of the presents from us !!
Family and Friends are a Gift from God... that is what this platter says... I know my Grandmother believes that, so we knew she would love it !!
After we opened gifts it was time to show everything off.
Mac showing Conner and Cole the picture from this past football season that he gave Grandmother and Granddaddy.
Johnny you do need to be reading a book full of so many curse words.. Words like "roll tide"... From the devil I tell you !!!
Another family tradition is Green Punch. Grandmother Pat Pat makes it every year in a big bin and we finish it all up... quickly... Everyone loves it and eats it right up !!
A little Louisiana Point while eating Green Punch !!!
Our families favorite thing to do... Just hang out and spend time together !!
Will, Johnny, and Hannah on the outside swing!!!
Uncle John Nathan showing Hannah and Johnny how to use Johnny's new watch.. The watch took pictures.. OOHHH I love pictures, maybe I need that !!
23 people = craziness
But these 23 people = love !!!
Words can't describe how important my family is to me, but I hope these pictures will help tell the story.

3 comments:

Lanie said...

You did a great job telling the story. Oh, the blessing of family. Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Cortney said...

Are they really getting that old? Golly... I really feel old now!

Alicia said...

What a great Christmas! I love all the action shots :) Happy New Year!