.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

April Part 2: Cortney's Shower


Yes it is happening, my girl Cortney is getting married. And you know that I can not let her wear one of those nasty old t-shirts, yep the same ones she has been wearing since college and maybe even before that. I needed to make sure Trey was gonna be drooling and much more on their wedding night and honeymoon.
Cortney was my Maid of Honor and she helped throw my Lingerie Shower.You see in Auburn, we threw some kickin lingerie showers. You have so many friends in one area and you got so much cute stuff. For as long as I can remember she said that her shower would suck if she didn't get married while still in Auburn. For this reason I have always said that I wanted her shower to Rock the House. So planning began !!! Rachael Kellis Hamilton (our other best friend from Auburn) and I started planning. She decided to do the invitations and they turned out so cute, she did a great job. Through this I decided everything and I mean everything needed to be PINK and green. Are you kidding, did you even think I would not have pink in there somewhere. We asked Cortney's sister, Amy; her cousins; Brooke, Paige, and Anna (who married her cousin Ben, but was not a cousin when she did so) and another awesome friend from college; Tara, to help !!! Here are some pictures of my house covered in pink and green. And trust me, the pictures do no justice.. there was pink and green everywhere.. AND I LOVED IT !!!









Below is also a Picture of all the hostesses and Cortney at the end of the table. As you can see we had a spread of food. Amy, Paige, Brooke, Anna, and Tara were all in charge of the food and it was so good. They did a wonderful job and everyone at the shower said so.

Cortney had said that she mostly wanted comfy stuff, because she knows that is what she will mostly wear. But Rachael and I knew she needed something a little more for Trey. So below is a few pictures of some of the items in her "basket of goodies" we got her. Oh so Sexy !!









Here are some other cute pictures taken during the shower of laughter and great friends that are very dear to me.






After all the planning and decorating it was over so quick, but it was a Perfectly Pink Party. And as you can tell by the smile on Cortney's face, I think she enjoyed it to !!!
** Side Note** I know that this text and the pictures are all over the place. This is what I get for trying to do it myself without Jamie's help !!! Hope everything is not confusing to read.

7 comments:

Jamie Grizzle said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! Wish I could have been there. You did a great job!

Kristy said...

It was a GREAT party!

Anonymous said...

great post! the party was wonderful! thanks again, everyone, for all you did to make it perfect!

Bowerman Blessed said...

Man,do you and Rachael know how to throw a party. Ya'll did a terrific job and now Cortney has some wonderful things to wear! Being around the 2 of you was just like college days. You girls haven't changed a bit. You still make me laugh as much as ever.
Just saw the tag...will take care of that soon.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I thought everything turned out so good, too. Cortney seemed to really have a good time and she got lots of great stuff. I'm impressed with how you got all of the little pics on there. I think you're doing great with the blogging! :)

brooke said...

You did such a great planning the shower! I know that took a lot of hard work on your part and it certainly paid off. It was sooo good seeing you and getting to spend a little time. Look forward to seeing you more soon!

Tesney said...

Hey Jessa! It's Tesney...I found you through Kristy Dean Crawford's blog. How are you? Greg says hello! Email me:
tesneydavis@hotmail.com
and I'll add you to my blog list. it's private so I have to invite you to read it. Glad to see you are doing well!