.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

A Big Happy Mother's Day to my Mother.....
Donna Ann McCabe Barton
There is no question that I am my mothers daugther. Ask anyone that knows us both and they will tell you.. From the love of monogramming and cute things to being a freak about everything being clean.
I am very blessed to have a WONDERFUL family. If I were to list all the ways that my mother is great or all the things that she has done for me, well let's just say you thought my first post was long... Throughout the years my mother taught me many things and I am grateful for everyone. But as I get older I am become more and more thankful of one inparticular. My mother taught me to be a Lady, she taught me Southerns Manners. She sent me to Auburn with Emily Post's Etiquette book and boy has it been used. I am very grateful for the etiquette classes and Cotillion she put me in. Some people may call it being a "tight butt", but I call it being a Lady. And being a Lady is worth it. I will admit that I have a long way to go before I am as "refined" and know as much as my mother. I still have to call her all the time about etiquette. Forget Emily Post, my mother needs to write a book. "How to be a Southern Lady, Donna Style"
One of my favorite parts of becoming an adult is having my mother become a best friend. Now do not get me wrong, she is still my mother. I will always respect her and listen to her, because even though it took me many years to realize so, she does know best. But we are to the point that I also think of her as a best friend. By far, she is the best shopping and beach going buddy I have (you to Cort). I love to spend time with her and talking with her. I have no clue what I would ever do without her...
So heres to you Momma....... And a BIG Thank You to the Good Lord above for blessing me with such a wonderful mom..... I love you bunches and there are not enough words to thank you enough for all you have done for me..
Happy Mothers Day to my Mom and all the Moms out there.... Children are a wonderful blessing, but you are also a wonderful blessing to us "children" !!!!

No comments: