.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

April Part 3: Rachael's Shower


The Third and Final Shower that I hosted in the month of April was for 1 of 2 best friends from Auburn, Rachael Kellis Hamilton (who even though she has been married for almost six years, Michael still calls her Kellis, no Rachael just Kellis). As most of you know Cortney and Rachael are my bestest of buds. We are all so thrilled because Rachael and her crazy husband, Scott, are expecting their first child this summer. They are having a healthy baby boy. After going through many names, some of which were not my favorite, I think they have decided on Tristen.. But they are waiting to make this final. Me being the planner and monogrammer that I am, was not very happy about this "waiting for the name" thing.. I mean seriously, how I am going to monogram all the babies gifts ???? Rachael did not seemed as concerned about this as I was.. So I got over it !!! SLOWLY, but I got over it.. I guess the monogrammed gifts will just have to wait. If I can not get our baby boy something monogrammed, you know that he will at least get a Strasburg (for all you Non-Southern friends.. Strasburg is a children's shop that carries beautiful clothes, such as Smocked bubbles, dresses, JonJons ,and etc. If you still need help their website is: http://www.strasburgchildren.com/)

And of course Cortney and I filled a basket full of great stuff. Below are a few pictures of the basket we got them. Here is Scott and Rachael before they opened their gift.

Here is Rachael holding up the baby blue Strasburg that she received.. By the way, in my opinion, their are very few things a little boy looks cuter in than a bubble. So if God blesses us with a boy he will be bubbled out (do you think that Strasburg makes orange and blue bubbles with War Eagle smocked on them???)

Here is Rachael holding up some of the Auburn items that were included in the basket. Do you think we could let this boy grow up and be anything other than an Auburn Tiger ??? HELLO !!!!
Well to say the least Rachael was glowing and she looked BEAUTIFUL !!!! I was so blessed to be able to see her two weekends in a row. Rachael and Scott will make wonderful parents. And I will make a wonderful... what I am ???? Will he call me Best Friend Jessa??? I think I will stick with Aunt Jessa, the other is a little to wordy. I might as well be Aunt, Cort and Rach are the closest thing to sisters that I have. You know those friends that you know everything about and would do ANYTHING for.. Well they are those friends...

What a month...... I got to celebrate with my two best friends in some of the most wonderful times are their lives... This summer they will each have dreams come true. Cortney getting married and Rachael having a child are things that I have prayed more than a million times for. Thank you GOD for answered prayers and please for my sake... keep on answering them !

Once again, Congratulations to Rachael and Cortney !!! I love you girls so much !!!

No comments: