.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

2010 Indy Grand Prix














Before my days of blogging (oh I shudder to remember), Michael got free tickets to Talladega. I knew nothing about this, so I agreed it would be something different to do. So we got ready...
Me in my cute little summer dress and Michael in his polo and khaki shorts.. We were off!
I think my month dropped as we were getting out of the car and did not close until we got home... WOW it was different I will say!
Maybe it was the guy with the mullet drinking Budweiser that took off his hat and screamed....
"Get up der..Get up der.. Now stay up der.. Stay up der" every time the cars pasted...
But I realized QUICKLY I was not in "Kansas" anymore!
That was a first and LAST for me!
Saturday night after the 5K, Michael went to Buffalo Wild Wings with some guys and our friend offered him 2 free tickets to the Indy Grand Prix. You can imagine after my "Talladega experience" that when Michael told me about these tickets, I said NO and said it quickly!
He explained that this would be different (yea something different.. that is what he said time). But I could tell he wanted to go, so I agreed.
Remembering how we stuck out like a sore thumb in Talladega, I decided to not wear a dress. But I still needed to look cute! So I settled on a top and pair of linen shorts! Casual, but cute!
As we got there and started to look around I saw....
summer dresses, men in khaki shorts with polos and EVEN kids in monogrammed outfits..
I realized.... This really was like a classier version of Talladega! Oh man.. I could have worn a dress after all!
We pulled out our tailgating chairs and this was our view!
After a while boredom settled in and I decided I needed a picture of a race car for my blog.. I took like a hundred pictures and about 95 of them looked like this:
Those cars were flying... But eventually I got a few...
I was so excited once I got this one.. I was jumping up and done like I was at a football game and Auburn just scored!
Hahahaaaa.. Don't you just love my flag!
It may surprise you that I do not follow racing! So I cheered for the girl driver and the Target Car.. Worked for me! My Target car came in second..
The entire trip came and went, I saw NO:
rebel flag bikini
9 month pregnant guy with his shirt off
guy yelling "Get Up Der"
This is something that I could maybe do again.. if the tickets were free of course!
** I can only imagine how many Talladega lovin' people I have offended with this post! No offense, it is just not my cup of tea! It was a little to RED for this beach lovin girl!

1 comment:

Paul and Sarah said...

I love the "Get up Der, Nos stay up Der".... I laugh every time you tell that story. You are more woman than I to EVER go to Talladega.