.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

Best Friends Forever..BFF!

On the Friday of my Spring Break Rachael came in town. They were coming from Oklahoma for a Family thing and drove through the night to get her early am Friday morning. It was so great that us 3 got to spend the day all together. In June they will be moving to Alaska for the next 3 years. So we enjoyed every minute of being together knowing there would not be anymore while they are in Alaska.
Jackson and IWe had decided to wait and exchange Christmas Presents when we could see each other in person (all 3 of us together).
Cort and Rach with their presents from me
Monogrammed Robes!
Oh man, I wish I would have bought one for me too.. They looked so cute!

When I saw my present wrapped I knew exactly what it was and I was beside myself..
Here is the story:
Back last spring (yep, last spring) I was at a random store and found these piece of metal. I thought it looked kind of cool and figured there has to be something I could do with it. Michael just went with the flow, God Bless Him, I think he is just use to me and my quirky ways.
After a little thought I knew exactly what I wanted done with my "piece of metal". I wanted Cort to paint a quote on it. I wanted part of the quote that I love and Michael read to me right before he proposed.
So around May I gave my piece of metal to Cort with instructions. I told her no big hurry, it could be my birthday present. BTW.. my birthday is in June! To be honest, it was no big deal! I knew I would get it some day! Oh my word..It was worth the wait! I LOVE IT.... I can not say enough about what a wonderful job she did! So as they say, One man's junk is another man's treasure... So very true...
Rachael gave me our bouncer seat that I had registered from at Target and I can't wait to use it!
After we exchanged presents and went by our new house for Rach to see, it was off for lunch..
Does this make your month water or what..
O'Carrs
Rach and I
Cort and I
After we ate we shopped around for awhile and then headed off for a very relaxing pedicure

Cort called it "reverting back to Jr High".. That made me laugh! Whatever you call it, we all got the same color! Pink of course..
Cheesy...Check
After a fun girl's day we meet our hubby's at Stix for dinner!
Michael, Scott, and Trey

I love these girls very much and the memories we have together are priceless! After all these years and with Rach leaving so far away... We are very blessed to continue to be so close!
Since we are "reverting back to Jr. High"...
BFF

1 comment:

McKinney Madness said...

What a great time we had!! I just wish we could do it monthly instead of every couple of years!! Thank you so much for my monogrammed robe... I wear it ALL the time!! (Yeah, and sorry again for taking a year to do your piece of metal... I'll try not to procrastinate next time!!)