.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Third!

I know I know.... I have done an awful job at posting all the updates with our adoption! This may be for a few reasons:
1) Not much has happened (Hello waiting game)
2) I was so behind on my blog I am just now catching up
or
3) Because I am scared! I know this sounds crazy, but I have to remind myself that this is a sure thing. For so long it was hopeful or maybe, but this is definitely! I am SO SO SO very excited, but I am trying very hard not to get too excited. Adoption is such a crazy thing and there is no real time line. It could be next month or it could be next year! Getting too excited too quickly would not be good for me.
But I do have some good news (although it is a little old news to most)......
Around the end of March we found out that we are.......
THIRD!!!!
That is correct! We have moved up and are currently third on the list! Just hearing that we have moved up continues to give us so much hope! Moving up is good!
Time Line? What does Third mean? haahahhaaaa.. Well if that is not the million dollar question! I wish I knew, but we are truly, in every way on God's time!
We still feel good about getting our baby in 2010, but have no clue which month! I think about our birth mother all the time! Is she already pregnant (oh, I really hope so), is she hurting, what is she going through?
I know.. I know.. I need to keep y'all updated more! Maybe soon I will post some pictures of all the fun things we have already gotten to prepare for Baby Mullen!
Third.... Third is really great and really exciting!
(but first is SO much better!)

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Praying you move up to 2nd soon! :)

The Cosby's said...

Can't wait to hear #2 then #1 then our baby is here!!! Continuing to pray and can't wait for the day to celebrate with you and Michael!

McKinney Madness said...

First will come soon, I promise!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hold your sweet baby (I know you can't either)!!

{Amanda} said...

Hi Jessa, I follow your blog & we have a lot of mutual friends.

I just wanted to tell you CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming adoption! I'm so very excited for your growing family {did I mention I'm the oldest of 5 adopted children?}- it's really special when God blesses a family through adoption!

God has some precious baby who He is preparing to become your child. Isn't that an amazing thought? Congrats again on your upcoming parenthood =)

L said...

hey jessa! i am so behind on bloggy stuff, but i wanted to comment to let you know that you and mike are in my thoughts and prayers. (it's late, so my mind is so blah right now that i can't remember if i've even congratulated yall yet...ha!). God has given me a new appreciation for adoption as clay and i are in the process of an international one now. :) i can't imagine how exciting it must be to be third on the waiting list...but nerve-racking and overwhelming at the same time. i'm gonna keep reading your updates, and am so excited for yall!