.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Giving Hope 5K Adoption Fundraiser

If you have not heard me talk about nor were invited to run by me a thousand times:
WHERE WERE YOU?
My friends Tesney and Greg who live in Tuscaloosa (do not hold it against them, I don't) are in the process of adopting a precious little boy named Kirill. Kirill is from Russia and has down syndrome. Allow me to introduce you:Told you he was precious!
This past weekend there was a 5K in Tuscaloosa to raise money for Tesney and Greg and the other families from University Church of Christ who are adopting. I have been trying hard to recruit friends to come! Cortney road with us and I was super pumped when I saw John, Lori and Lillian Macomber with Tarayn and Paul Comer pull up!
You are lying if you say getting a tshirt from stuff like this does not rock!
Cortney, Tesney, and I after we finished the 5K
Cortney, Tesney, Me, and Michael
It was so great to see Tesney and Greg and we wish them the best of luck!
We can't wait to meet Kirill!
** Tesney has a blog where she documents everything going on with their adoption. Her Faith and Trust in God through all this blows me away! Check it out:
www.oureyesopened.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Tesney said...

Awwww, this makes me very happy! God is good. Thanks so much for making the trip to support us!

McKinney Madness said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! I had a blast and I'm so glad you invited me to go. Great memories!!