.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Race Day!


We woke up early Saturday morning with high hopes the rain would hold off, but no sooner than us getting in the car did it start.
We went straight to check in and Michael got his time chip!
I stayed under the pavilion and watched as he and all the others went to the starting point.
Once he was out of sight I headed back to the car! That is correct.. As my husband was being all Rocky and running 13.1 miles, I sat in the car and read "What to Expect The First Year".
Hey I wanted to be productive too!
I also wanted to stay dry!!
At about 2 hours in I packed up and headed to the finish line..
It was still sprinkling a little, so on one shoulder I had my purse and the bag with Michael's change of clothes.. In one hand I had the umbrella and in the other hand I had the camera.. With all of that I only got one picture of him finishing..
Can't you just hear the theme song to "Rocky"...
2 hours and 16 minutes....
And that was his first marathon!
So what I was a little proud, ok ALOT proud.. I had tears running down my face as he finished!
After he got the feeling back in his legs, he freshened up and changed out of those soaking wet clothes.
By then the rain had stopped, so we decided to walk back into the town square. We got a few Jack Daniels Stuff (because that is all there is EVERYWHERE..
Then we went into the candy store..
We got Jack Daniels Mousse served with half a cookie,
and served in a shot glass!

It was a fun trip and quick trip!
I have been going on and on bragging about Michael's Half Marathon!
He did AWESOME!
and I was one heck of a cheerleader....

No comments: